- The risks and causes of obesity
- The diet and exercise industry
- Why we struggle to lose weight
- Advances in understanding our hormones and how they affect our weight
- Bariatric options – including the Lap-Band, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve and Sleeve Plication
- Short-term, medium-term and long-term risks of each of the major bariatric surgery types
- Weight loss outcomes, short-term, long-term and ongoing maintenance
- Resolution rates of major obesity-related health and medical conditions
- Am I a candidate?
- Emotional Issues related to bariatric intervention
- Issues to consider – Is Weight Loss Surgery right for me?
- Overview of our Program
Weight Loss Forever is committed to helping our patients achieve their weight loss and health goals so we have developed in-depth resources to help you achieve these goals – both before and after your procedure.
Weight Loss Forever believes strongly in education. In fact, one of our core values as a company is ‘Education Equals Freedom’. The more informed you are as a patient, the more successful you will be – it’s as simple as that.
*If you would like to learn more about our Core Values and our Mission Statement, please click here.
- Bariatric Surgeon
- Chief Internist
It generally takes about two weeks from the time an Assessment is completed for our Medical Team to determine if you are a candidate, or if further testing is needed. There is no charge to complete our assessment, but in order to access our Assessment Tool, you must have completed an Information Session and be assigned a patient facilitator.
If you are interested in completing the Assessment and would like to know if you qualify for our program, you must contact Head Office at 1-877-306-8891 or by email at email@example.com
In addition to our Information Sessions and Assessment Tools, we pair you up with a Patient Facilitator and encourage you to participate in a support group in order to provide you with a realistic view of life after bariatric surgery. Doing this allows you to meet real people who have been through our program. You can ask questions, observe patients’ successes and struggles and begin to develop the support system you will need if you become a part of our bariatric program and weight loss family.
Weight Loss Forever recognizes that the more information you have, the more successful you will be. That’s why we have developed specialized resources for you including nutritional guidelines, activity plans and emotional eating tools. Here is an overview of the detailed information you will receive as a part of our program:
Weight Loss Forever Post-Operative Support Guidelines & Documents:
- How to contact us and when to call
- Overview of important issues
- Important tips for successful weight loss
- The importance of support
- Golden rules for success
- Vitamins, minerals & supplements
- Post-Op nutritional guidelines
- Phases 1, 2, 3, & 4 (including tips, recipes, meal plans, etc.)
- Transitioning to normal food
- Long –term nutritional plans: One year and beyond
- Dealing with plateaus: What’s normal and how to manage
- Emotional eating tools and evaluation checklist
- Activity plans: The importance of being active: Tips and group activities
- Potential Problems: How to recognize them & what to do
- Post-Operative lab testing and follow-up: A guide for you and your family doctor
- Ongoing support
- Referral Program
It is very simple and very effective – as you shrink out of your clothes, you donate them to the clothing exchange and then you ‘shop’ for free for clothes that do fit.
Please note: Clothing exchanges are not available in all geographical areas.